The DCDR Framework is currently a work in progress.
The DCDR Framework is the basis for TIOF's DCDR advocacy.
The DCDR Framework is composed of a number of components that are interconnected and building upon each other.
Combined, they provide the necessary tools to support technologists in understanding the underlying interactions between the physical and the digital worlds.
The DCDR Framework structure
The DCDR Framework is structured upon 3 Levels representing different conceptualizations. Each Level helps sustaining the propositions made in the upper level.
DCDR Framework Levels interconnection
- Citizen-centric [WHY?]
- Digital Spaces (which can be many) are a result, and thus dependent of the Physical Space (which is unique) [WHY?]
This level provides an structure on the nature of a Space. It describes the fundamentals of what composes a Space and the interactions happening within it.
This level provides a list of DCDR Components on the bases of the objects existing in a Space.
This level describes the DCDR Framework, a macro view of how the DCDR Components are to interact to architect digital spaces that respond to the DCDR Principles.
As all materials created by The IO Foundation, the DCDR Framework is published under TIOF Public Licensing Model.
- Establish a working group to research on the DCDR Framework
- Produce a research paper documenting the DCDR Framework
- Design a syllabus for the dissemination of the DCDR Framework
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the research results