Comment on page
This Handbook responds to the following Policies:
- Information Management
- Intellectual Property
This document provides all the guidance to produce documentation for The IO Foundation and its initiatives.
In this documentation, the term Entity refers to either:
- The IO Foundation
- An organization member of The IO Foundation's Network
- An initiative run by any of the above
The IO Foundation relies on the following tools to provide its documentation services:
In the interest of consistency, The IO Foundation structures its documentation following this structure:
- About Provides all the information needed to understand this Entity and its objectives.
- Introduction Explaining what this Space is about.
- Theory of Change Explaining what is the identified problem and what is the proposed solution.
- Business Plan Explaining the details on the Business Plan for this Entity.
- Status A quick overview to the current implementation status of this Entity .
- Repository Explaining the structure of the repository hosting this Entity .
- Media Kit Providing all the necessary Comms information for this Entity .
- Terminology Providing definitions for all the specific terms used in this Entity.
- Frequently Asked Questions Answering some of the most common doubts related to this Entity.
- Join Us Explaining how to join and collaborate with the Entity.
- Support Us Explaining how to support the advancement of the Entity.
- Acknowledgements Indicating specific recognitions to notable contributors to this Entity.
- Media Archive Listing the mentions this Entity has had in media over time.
- Institutional Provides all the information relative to organization and guidance for this Entity.
- Research Provides all information relative to research undertaken in this Entity.
- Operations Provides all the information relative to the implementation of this Entity.
- CUSTOM Depending on the needs of the Entity, custom sections will be made available. An explanation of these will be provided in the Introduction page of the Entity.
Some variations may happen depending on the specific needs of the Entity.
Equally, each of these sections may have sub-sections according to the specific needs of the Entity.
Please refer to the corresponding Space Structure section on the corresponding Entity.
Most pages offer a Quickbar at the top providing with relevant shortcuts to:
- The ShortURL for the page
- The Playbook linking this page
- The Tarian Assistant for this page
ShortURL | Playbook | Assistant
When one of the shortcuts is not an active link, the information may be missing. Please report it.
Indicates in which
Once a page is Ready, its icon signals the type of information it contains and the audience it is meant for.
When listing a number of items in a sequence, avoid using a coma (,) before the last one.
ExamplePreferred: Tom, Luisa and Jenny when to first to the mountain, then to buy ice cream and finall back home.
When listing a series of items, do not end them with punctuation unless it's a question. As a general rule, try to avoid exclamation marks.
- This is one item
- This another item
- Maybe this would be a third item?
- I am sure this is the fourth!